The Aztec Mill Room
This small room has one double bed and is designed for one or two guests. There is a full bath with tub and shower. All of our towels are the highest grade--thick and plush. Flat screen TV with Dish Network, a coffeemaker with complimentary coffee, and free wifi are all amenities included for our guests' convenience. $49
The Old Aztec Grist Mill construction began in 1860 and was completed four years later at a cost of $48,000. The three-story building was constructed for Lucian Maxwell who had a government contract to supply flour, corn meal, and horse and cattle feed to Ft. Union and the Indian Agency which fed the Ute and Jicarilla Apache. As the mill was powered by water, a one mile ditch was dug to channel water to the mill. The mill ceased commercial operation in 1886. In 1930, the CS Cattle Company bought the building and surrounding acreage. They built the stables which are at the rear of the building and here they raised and trained polo ponies. The ground floor of the Old Mill was the headquarters of the Cimarron Polo Club. In 1967, the CS Ranch turned the Old Mill into a museum. Today, there are volunteer hosts to welcome you to Cimarron, where the old West still lives.